How to Clean & Care For Your Fleshlight
The Fleshlight is a very low maintenance product and, with the proper care and cleaning should last for years and years. There are a few things to keep in mind as far as basic maintenance goes:
- Always store your Fleshlight in a dry place.
- Ensure the insert is dry before closing the unit for storage; otherwise you may find that mold may appear on your insert — not a pleasant prospect.
- If you wish to restore the feel of the insert to the state it was when originally shipped to you, simply place the Fleshlight inside a baggie filled with corn starch, shake until evenly covered and then replace within the case. Do not use talcum or baby powder.
Cleaning Your Fleshlight
- When you have finished using your Fleshlight, simply run hot water through the insert — the hotter the better as it ensures bacteria are not left to spread on the unit.
- Do not use soap or other cleansers on the Fleshlight as these will damage the product.
- Dry the insert and restore to its place within the case.
- The most rapid way to dry the insert is to place it in a well ventilated area, such as by a fan or near a window and let nature take its course via evaporation. If you are in a real hurry, you may speed this by running a thin towel through the unit's orifice. Note however, that this may not dry all areas of inserts with ridges, bumps, or internal cavities such as the Speed Bump, Super Ribbed, or Lotus.
Removing Mold or Mildew From Your Fleshlight
In the unlikely event that you haven't taken the basic precautions as outlined above, and you have discovered dark spots on your insert, you will know that you have to remove the mold or mildew from your Fleshlight.
The best way to accomplish this is to use rubbing alcohol (isopropyl commonly available at your local drugstore) on a towel or terry cloth, and firmly rub the material until you see the spots being removed.
If you can't remove them, it's best to get yourself another insert as some bacteria which may be found to have collected on your Fleshlight may prove harmful.
A note of caution when using rubbing alcohol (isopropyl): it is extremely poisonous, and therefore should never be consumed. Also it is extremely flammable, so ensure you are not smoking or near any open flames while you use this solvent.